Sunday, August 11, 2013

אני עייף.

Just a short update tonight. The past week has been a whirlwind. Last Monday I started my Hebrew language course, and it's a doozy. The easiest way to explain it, is to call it language boot-camp. It's an entire semester of information, crammed into six weeks. I'm not going to lie, it's hard. I haven't needed to study like I need to now at any point in my past education. I have two professors who split the class-time, which is 9a.m. until 2p.m. It's almost like they have this good cop/bad cop routine going, which I'll be able to laugh at when this is all over. I will say both are good teachers, and they take turns staying late each day to help students that need it. Of which one is me. The class make-up is very international. There are five local Arab students, but most are Asian or European.


Good news is, I had my first Israeli falafel tonight. A place called Falafel Adir in the Germany Colony neighborhood. After I finished my homework I was conflicted if I should take the walk, and I am completely happy that I did. Having a proper falafel made my heart and my palate sing. Thusly, I will be searching for the best falafel in this city in the coming months.


Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Please describe a falafel. What does it taste like, what ingredients are used? Pictures, please. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made falafel for you guys a few years ago. It's fried balls of chickpeas. There are variations in the seasonings used depending on the region your from. It's usually served in a pita or laffa, with hummus, tahini, and various salads.

      Delete