Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pulling up stakes.

I'm currently taking a bit of a break from Hebrew scripture criticism to type out a few words as I get ready to hit the road again, onto Jordan. I have to laugh at the amount of material I need to get through so I can file my final papers before I leave. This past week I finished an essay exam on Neo-Assyrian history, finished a paper on Arab and Jewish socialists and trade-unionism during the British Mandate of Palestine late last night, and today I've been prepping for a paper on the theological and literary differences between accounts of a few Israelite/Judahite kings in the books of Kings and Chronicles. I'm hoping to finish some other items as I'm traveling.

Most of you already know why I am leaving Jerusalem prematurely, and I can't say I'm yet "okay" with it. It's the best decision I could make in the circumstances, regardless. This region offers quite a lot for a young history student: Brilliant professors, complex politics, ruins, and adventuring.

I like that verb. Adventuring.
To risk or hazard.

And I will continue to adventure on, even if that doesn't lead me through the valleys and villages of Palestine. It's said Jerusalem is the center of the world. Hopefully that means my chances are better to end up here again.

Until next time.

2 comments: